Sep

2006

Hugh In A Towel

Filed under: hero worship

Yesterday was Hugh Jackman Day over at the fantastic Pink Heart Society. Hugh Jackman is so lusted after by romance writers as a model for heroes that we were nearly squabbling in the aisles, and lots of Pink Heart Society members have posted their own photos of Hugh.

My beloved Kate Walker has a photo of Hugh In A Towel that she shows at every opportunity. Little does she know that I have two additional photos of Hugh, filling out that towel admirably…

oh-dear-lord hugh in towel

growly hugh in towel

Please remember to clean the drool off your keyboard before you comment. Electrocution is a dangerous thing.

Comments

1. You made my day :)

2. Oh my, just when I thought I’d finally get some writing done today, you’ve started me off again. Thankfully I read your advice (which was very timely) and remembered to mop up the drool before commenting. :-)

3. Well, I am probably going to cause outrage here but I hadn’t heard of Hugh until you showed that picture in your talk at the conference 2 years ago. I’m not a film person so hadn’t seen any films with him in, but now I see these pictures of him then I can see what the fuss is all about. One piece of hunk, as they say.

By the way, finished reading SWFW at lunch time today and thought it was great fun to read, and I enjoyed it.

4. *wiping off drool*

SIGHHHHHHH……

On another note, I just finished reading Delicious Julie and it was indeed, Delicious! Fantastic read and I absolutely adored Angus *g*

5. Julie, I just found the blog where you said Ewan McGregor was your inspiration for Angus and yes, I can absolutely, completely see Ewan as Angus! Wish I’d known that while I was reading… would have made for better imaginings *g*

6. For cripes’ sake, woman. Would you please *warn* people somehow before we click over to your blog? I just about fell off my chair.

That first photo… I mean,… wow. Um. I’m truly at a loss.

Lemme just scroll back up again…

7. Gosh all the pink hearted ladies are killing me w/ their blogs. Hugh is just soooooo dreamy…..

8. I know. He’s gorgeous, isn’t he? I blush to admit how many happy moments (oh, okay, hours) I have whiled away speculating about that towel bulge in the top photo. And, of course, watching that scene in Swordfish over and over and over and over–though I also like the one where he gets all geeky with the computers.

*pause for appreciative contemplation*

9. Hooray Julie! It’s great that you enjoyed Spirit Willing. I totally love that book and am so glad it’s finally in print. Thank you for telling me!

10. And thank you, Jopee, for telling me you enjoyed Delicious…another book that I definitely celebrated getting into print. I’m glad you can see My Ewan as Angus. Did you notice the small Ewan tribute at the end of the book? 😉

I do that with every hero–I leave a clue or two in the book about who I based him on, sometimes in his name, sometimes in the names of other characters, sometimes in other ways. I based Oz on Hugh Jackman, writing the book, I think, about the time he was starring in The Boy From Oz.

11. I have a towel on my desk.

I’m really not kidding, I do have a towel on my desk…

12. Okay Julie,
    these pics aren’t bad… 😉
    Hugh is just too delicious for words. I love these bod shots, though the one on my blog is a gorgeous up-close of his face and boy, are those eyes melt-worthy.

He really is the whole package, isn’t he?
    Off to mop up drool.

13. Kate H. sent me so I could drool. Thank you.

14. Ah but it is HUGH’s towel, Anna?

Nicola, mmmmm. I have that one on my computer, too. I posted the semi-nude photos because I do have a reputation to uphold, after all.

Bailey, drool away! 😉

15. Er…I must have a bad-ass mind but I thought your blog headline read:

Hung in a Towel.

Sorry…

16. Julie, I am cursing and blessing you. Just doing the mind map for the next book and for a description of the hero I wrote think Hugh Jackman because i can’t think of anything else!!!

17. Yikes! I think I’ve just fallen in love with Hugh all over again *sigh*, I’ll never get any work done this afternoon!

18. Hi,
    I found your blog via google by accident and have to admit that youve a really interesting blog :-)
    Just saved your feed in my reader, have a nice day :)

19. RRRRRRRRRRRRRROWR

20. Yup.

21. Nice…

22. he is so hot…*sighs* can u send me those other 2 pics plz and thank you*wink*

23. yowza… now if only that towel would slip off