Mar

2011

Duchess of Kent House

Filed under: about me

Here’s a picture of me giving copies of RACHEL’S HOLIDAY to charity worker Susan Day at the Duchess of Kent House hospice this morning, in celebration of World Book Night. It was a lovely sunny day; I hope the books bring some sunshine, too.

I chose to give books at the Duchess of Kent House hospice in memory of my friend and fellow writer, Donald Louth. He told dirty jokes to the nurses while he was there. We all miss him.

Comments

1. Hey Julie,

today was a beautiful day to read a book! (But as I type, I realise, what day isn’t?)

I’m so happy you chose the Duchess of Kent House to hand out books. I’ve been trying (and failing) to learn a magic trick, but I think I’ll raise a glass to Don and learn some dirty jokes instead.

Jx

• Learning dirty jokes in memory of Don sounds absolutely perfect.

2. What a great photo, Julie! I’m sure the books brought a lot of light to those inside.

3. World book night is great and has generated some realy great stuff like this – great blog and tweets – love the pic.

4. Donald sounds like he was a wonderful character! Great picture :-)

• Thanks very much, Talli and Ed and Lacey. I hope that the people who receive the books enjoy them.

5. Hi Julie

The books went down a treat – thank you very much. I will be settling down to read my copy shortly.

Best of luck with your launch.

• Hi Sue! Thanks for visiting and for commenting and for being so supportive and also photogenic. :-) I’m glad the books were welcome and I hope you enjoy yours when you get a chance to read it!

6. […] year, I gave away 50 copies of Rachel’s Holiday by Marian Keyes at my local hospice and hospital. I loved being […]